Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 pound ground turkey breast
– ½ cup chopped onions
– ½ cup chopped bell peppers
– 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
– 1 (10-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
– ¼ cup water
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– 2 cups mashed potatoes
– 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
– Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
– Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add turkey and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring. Add onions and bell peppers; cook until softened, about 3 minutes, stirring. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; add mixed vegetables, soup, water, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared dish. Spoon mashed potatoes evenly over top of casserole.
– Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.